Pages

Sunday 17 July 2011

Red Kite

Thanks to a phone call this afternoon alerting me to the fact that a Red Kite was over the village and probably heading my way, after a short while I picked it up as it slowly drifted eastwards virtually overhead. As it reached the far end of the village it started to circle and quickly back-tracked to where I was and then landed in a nearby tree. With the almost immediate onset of showers it was obviously sheltering from the elements and so would hopefully allow me enough time to dash home to grab my scope in order to try to get a photo. On my return I was delighted that it was still there and I alerted a few locals to its presence and soon a small but very appreciative group assembled to enjoy rare perched views as it continued to shelter until the showers temporarily subsided and it eventually flew off low west.